01-02-2021, 01:33 PM   #86
65fastback
Captain
Rep
Drives: every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerof16 View Post
I'll resurrect this thread.

Sold my Challenger Hellcat about a month ago, solely based on profit. I bought it when COVID hit and someone needed to free up some cash, so I got a great deal. Then the used car market went crazy over the summer, so I put it up for sale and it went in 2 days for a 25% profit.

Now I am in the market for another car. I am likely going to buy an F80 for two reasons. First, it has four doors. Second, it's a car my wife would also enjoy driving (she just wouldn't drive the Hellcat - too big, too loud.)

I have an F30 335i Xdrive and, from a daily driver perspective, I'd much rather drive the Hellcat. Take a car across the country? I'd much rather drive the Hellcat. Take a car to the track? I'd much rather have the F80 unless it's a drag strip haha (stock vs stock).

The Hellcat is a blast to drive and the weight doesn't matter for 99% of the situations you end up in. I drive once a month with buddies who have Porches, F80/F82s, GT350s, Vettes, McLaren 600 LT, and they all enter turns through the canyons sooooo much faster than I did in the Hellcat. But man, once you can get on the throttle again and have a little straight away, you can really make up some time (with the exception of the 600LT haha). People love to bring up the weight of the car and what not, but those same people have absolutely never driven a Hellcat, especially never at a track. Get it on a long track and you can have some fun.

After selling my Hellcat and jumping in a very nice 2017 F80, I passed on the deal because I was very underwhelmed by the driving experience. Don't get me wrong, it appears to be an awesome machine, but it was very underwhelming compared to the cat in every day driving.

That being said, I'm probably going to buy an F80.

Dude...just buy another hellcat.

You obviously like them a lot!. I think most of us can appreciate them for what they are. I owned a challenger scat pac "shaker" for a VERY short time. I get the appeal of them.

But.. The only reason you are considering a F80 is because your wife won't drive the charger? AND you passed on one already because you were underwhelmed but....your gonna buy one anyway.

uhh Okay?
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34181.00