View Single Post
      06-28-2021, 11:53 AM   #89
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post
I don't understand the argument about speed.

It is completely factual that an M4/3 is just a way faster car than an RS5 in everything but a dig. It has higher power capacity, a bulletproof power plant, a super aggressive DCT, etc.
It's not factual as proven by the video I posted.

Quote:
The RS5 is a big boat that does nothing better but AWD and fantastic understeering.
Me thinks you have never driven it. And don't tell the G80 AWD folks their car is a big boat - they won't like you

Quote:
Looks wise the RS5 is boring and has 0 road presence imo, it looks like an S5, soft body lines. Ditto with the C63S which i can never tell from an E43 AMG.
Ah, I think you might be one of the three people in the world that finds the RS5 looks boring. In fact, side by side with a F80 M3, I doubt many people would say the RS5 was less boring - let's be honest, only true BMW fan boys would say the RS5 has 0 road presence.

Quote:
I don't get why any of this is even a conversation, not many people are building out RS5's on big power meanwhile you have a ton of F8X's.
Wait, are we in the modded thread here?

Quote:
The RS5 is more exclusive though because people don't want it which can be a positive but that's about it. I have never driven an RS5 but i have the S5 and past about 120 km/h it can't move and it feels heavy in corners but is actually quite comfy. It's sterile.
ah, so you have not driven the RS5. Glad we confirmed that. I will say, putting the car into sport mode (dynamic mode) changed the behavior drastically on my test drive. Which included a small test tack where I was able to go crazy and not be on the road.

That said, I think they sold every RS5 they made - worse, they didn't make a 2020 so into late 2020 they were still selling the 2019s and they sold well and quick. I think plenty of people want it. That said, I'm not sure where you are getting your sales figures from - as I don't think either mfg posts them. Either way, I would say that most of the RS5s I looked at were considerably more money than the M3.
Appreciate 0