View Single Post
      09-28-2021, 11:57 AM   #95
Maryan425
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d

So I have been chasing a front driver side clicking sound on my M3 ever since I performed a MP HAS install almost a year ago. I had tried to tighten the strut pinch bolt several times which eliminated the clicking for a day or two but inevitably the click would come back.

This weekend I decided to do a little more investigating and changed several things about my approach.
1. I followed the guide made by Tommy and added anti-seize to all of the suggested surfaces and pinch bolt.
2. I also bent back the clip as suggested in the video, slightly just so that it was not touching the threads of the pinch bolt. 3. Finally, for good measure I decided to place another jack under the rotor and place the suspension under a bit of load prior to tightening the bolt as suggest in previous posts on this thread.

So far a mixture of all of those things has resolved my clicking sound and it has not returned. I have since driven around ~100 miles. I will update after doing some more driving and after some time has passed. Hopefully this is helpful for someone chasing the same issue.

Last edited by Maryan425; 09-28-2021 at 06:49 PM..
Appreciate 0