View Single Post
      12-31-2017, 01:47 PM   #65
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstrlM3 View Post
A lot of smart people thought Apple couldn’t make phones, couldn’t compete with watches and think that Apple Car will suck. A lot of people will buy the Apple car or car with Apple software as soon as it’s released in a few years.

Alex as far as I know is a computer technology guy and he’s no reinventing the wheel. Software is software and tuning is just manipulating some data tables.

I do understand your point about tuning being slightly different than just turning on and off certain buttons as is the case with lights, high beams etc but that’s the same as taking a stock N55 and adding bubble and the PK or taking stock S55 and adding the comp pack and burble or the CS and burble or the GTS and roar.

If the safety parameters are not removed I don’t see how it’s the same as a blank tune that might blow the motor or hurt something that everyone is worried about.
The skill and knowledge required to properly tune a car is very different from the skill and knowledge required to code. Knowing how to code doesn't mean you know how to tune. He's been selling his e9x tune for a few years yet still not a single dyno posted showing whether the tune makes the claimed power (whp or chp?) or AFR vs RPM.

Your Apple example isn't even remotely the same thing - they spend years engineering and developing a new product before its release. Throwing a few "switches" without dyno tuning and data logging and then calling it a tune isn't even close to being a developed product.
Appreciate 0