View Single Post
      08-23-2018, 08:30 AM   #24
Simmadown115
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Her:14 ESII 335iM /Me:15 SS M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEXICO NEW YORK View Post
I disagree, it was no easy task to obtain a hp curve to disprove your theory on stock turbos, but with Cary's help i did, and I do well upshifting around 7200, and it's not a big deal if i go closer to redline or if i upshift early around 7000. You make no mention of the impact the lower gear has compared to it's power drop-off, and that's why i do well compared to the hypothetical "next guy" with a different tune that also makes 600whp, but his power nosedives after 6k rpm forcing him to upshift to stay "600whp" but im "575whp", still in 2nd the lower gear (pulling harder)

I am glad you have a custom tune for the flattened torque curve but this thread was to provide feedback for those using the OTS BM3 tunes on how to adjust their dial.

The stock turbos on the OTS tunes have a heavy roll off, short shifting puts you back into optimal power instead of the heavy roll off seen in the OTS maps. See attached dyno for BM3 OTS maps below for the drastic differences in what you are talking about. Your custom tune will perform better by minimizing the roll off hence why you can blow by people riding to redline. The OTS maps will not. By going to a custom tune your tuner will decide the boots by gear he recommends for optimal performance.

If you want to start a debate on custom vs OTS then open another thread, but don't
Attached Images

Appreciate 0