Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
I couldn't help but sit in a RS3 on the way out of the dealership yesterday. I need to sell a lot more insurance......that was a nice car to sit in. The interior wasn't that great, but that's not what excites me about a car (I mean, I drive a 135).
I test drove the 2019 RS3 and a used 2017 S6 (the one with the 4.0 TT V8) in November on my birthday.

The RS3 is decent looking, though I have a slight problem with the proportions when you look at it from the side. I can't really describe it, but it just looks off to me. Still a car I obviously considered, since I took it for a drive.

The drive in the RS3 was fun in the sense that it was hilarious to put it in dynamic and hear the exhaust burble and crackle on overrun and that, but I thought that might get a little tiring in the end (though you can put it in comfort and all those sounds go away). The drive is good overall, definitely peppy, faster than the S6. I would say the interior left a little to be desired though, struck me as too much like an A3 / S3...little plain.

As you can see from my sig, I wound up in the S6, despite the RS3 being lighter, faster, and cheaper. What I loved about the S6 was the proportions were bang on for me, it was in that Audi blue that I loved, the engine just sort of feels like it is a steamroller, very smooth and just pulls. Not as snappy/peppy as the RS3, but it was what I wanted at my advanced age of 38.

Plus, if I ever go down the tuning route, there is a lot of power to be unlocked in that 4.0 TT V8...I just don't think the tranny will hold up to anything over Stage 1 for any significant period of time. This is a guess, but I suspect it is for this reason Audi went to a regular 8 speed auto in the RS7 which the S6 makes the same power in Stage 1 tune from APR...rather than the DSG in the S6.

Anyways, don't discount a used S6. The new ones are going down to the 3.0L six cylinder and that doesn't appeal to me as much.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18164.00