United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
In aviation news, is anyone following how completely shit Boeing's engineering culture has become?

With the 737 MAX they've now found new software bugs created by the fixes to the old bugs. Regression testing and test scripts anyone maybe? Cause, you know, passenger aircraft and stuff.

And THEN, with the their "starliner" test flight, the clock is off by 11 hours so it missed its engine firing timing. And then Boeing lost communications with their rocket for reasons they still don't know why and in trying to fix all of that during the flight - oh wait! Boeing finds this other bug over here which could cause catastrophic failure so Boeing has a team work all night to code a fix only finishing hours before it had to perform its separation maneuver.

And THEN it turns out that, sure, both SpaceX and Boeing are building a solution but only SpaceX got a full safety review from NASA, Boeing was just asked if everything's cool (like almost literally - that was the safety review).

Anybody else have zero excitement to fly anything Boeing has built in the last decade?

I've been railing on this for a long time. I think you can look at the Boeing versus SpaceX rivalry , and project it across the entire military industrial complex. Except there's not another SpaceX in that field.
Taxpayers have been getting it in the shorts for a long time.

As far as the 737 max goes, it's amazing what a slight change in the center of gravity can do........
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18180.50