Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3er View Post
I posted the following update on the original thread, but thought it was worth sharing in case it's missed by those of you that already read the review and plan to tackle the installation:
---------------------------------------
After having the system installed for a few weeks, I noticed door rattles on two of the four panels. After further inspection, I found that I flattened a few of the clips when putting the panels back on. This might sound obvious, but be very careful when reattaching the door panels to ensure each clip lines up with its respective hole. Without doing so, you're very likely to flatten a few. I replaced the few that were flattened with some OEM units from Amazon (link here). Surprisingly, they're of higher quality than the white original clips and the foam is a touch thicker.

I also found a few original clips in which the thin foam rubber pad that goes between it and the door panel had fallen off during the speaker install. After replacing those (take them from the set you get from Amazon) and putting just a 2" strip of 3M double-sided foam pad between the bottom edge of the door panel where it could rattle against the bare metal, I have been rattle free.

I'm not sure which of the fixes actually remediated the problem, but I did not want to remove the door panel again!

Have you done anything or found anything for the underseat subs?
Appreciate 0