View Single Post
      07-09-2019, 07:37 PM   #16
rnp614
Rep
Drives: OOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
I maybe should have disclosed this earlier, but I do have a Tacoma for daily duty. What you describe doing with the M3 is basically my current situation. I'm not looking for more power, but I'm very weary of owning this car out of warranty - these engines aren't cheap! This is my first BMW since my gen 1 X5, and that car was a nightmare. I know how overblown these crank hub and CAC leak threads are, but they're out there, and I just want to be covered if they ever happen.

My only dilemma is if I want to pay a pretty penny for the peace of mind of the extended warranty vs injectors, down pipe, and tune STI with a "screw it" mentality if the EJ blows. From what I've read, the 2020s will get forged pistons that the s209 is coming with, making this a compelling offer to me. Wouldn't hurt to have AWD for the winter as well.

I think I'm going to do some shopping for extended warranties and crunch the numbers to see what makes most sense.
I totally get where you’re coming from looking at this. Was in the same boat with my current ride (an RS5) and it constantly has me shopping for a cheaper, more mod friendly car...at the end of the day it makes me feel like just leaving my car as is and just focus my efforts on something else!

If you are serious about a cheaper / different ride, I’ll tell you that the CTR is an AMAZING drive. Worth trying.
Appreciate 1