View Single Post
      01-28-2022, 03:51 PM   #347
lookitsapples
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Here is some other info for consideration…. Do you plan to run E85 (or any ethanol blend) all of the time or will you have periods when you will run regular pump gas? If you plan to run pump gas at times, then my recommendation would be to use the flex fuel base map for the pump gas that is available in your area.

So if all you can get is 91, then run the Stage 1 (or Stage 2) 91 flex fuel map (or ACN91 flex fuel map if applicable) as your flex fuel map. Then add, or don't add, E85 as you see fit without the need to re-flash a new tune. Of course, flashing different tunes with BM3 and your cell phone is very easy. But why not take advantage of the flex fuel design so that you can enjoy E85 whenever you want, without flashing a new tune all the time depending on the ethanol content you may have in the tank at every fill-up of gas?
Oh yep thanks, my plan was just to go complete e85. I originally thought if I left it on the ACN 91 flex fuel map I'd be making the most power possible with full e85. But seems like I'd have to swap it to the 93 octane flex fuel map for that to get the max out of it.

And when I don't have access to e85 and have to put 91 octane in, I can just flip it back to the other map depending on how much 91 octane I put in haha
Appreciate 0