06-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #692
Kurt_OH
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz42 View Post
Please let me know of any BMW engine that left the factory with a 8900 rpm redline, that doesn't hit fuel cut until 9300 rpms. As that's what the f20c in an AP1 s2000 rev's to.

Who was the first company to put titanium con rods in a road going, mass produced car? Honda. Who was the first company to use carbon fiber to as cylinder wall sleeves, again in a road going mass producation car? Honda.

Comparing a BMW motor to those of Honda is a compliment to BMW, not the other way around.
1. I said I liked the S2000, but it's not the thread topic, and I didn't bring it into the discussion.

2. Try re-reading my comment, and rather than ignore that I clearly meant cars they produce today (note the word ACHIEVES, as in NOW), include that part of my meaning in your calculus and come back with all the road going V8s they produce that pull it off. Now put that number in the numerator, and all the other engines they produce in the denominator and post the fraction.

GOOSE EGG

Can we stop with the Honda crap now?
Appreciate 0