View Single Post
      12-05-2023, 12:20 PM   #40
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
I've noticed it as well. Based on the symptoms, I suspect the backend database is not happy. Queries are taking a long time to complete I bet.

Of note- some people called out 11:00PM PST. This is the time the site does daily database maintenance.

It takes 7-15 minutes, and the site is intentionally down when this occurs. Unintended changes/problems noticed immediately after the conclusion of maintenance are likely related, and not expected.

If someone in any sort of official role at bimmpoost comes across this post, please consider moving daily DB maintenance to 2AM or later. I've lost track of how many times I tried to visit the forum between the time of 11:00PM - 11:10PM and couldn't. Or was in the middle of replying to a post before 11, and hit post after 11 forgetting that it was db maintenance time and lost my reply entirely.
AFAIK you could have fully recovered your posts deemed to be lost. When noticing that the post doesn't pass because of Bimmerpost maintenance, simply click once or a couple of times the "go back one page" arrow of your browser. Subsequently, either try to repost or copy your recovered text and repost in a new post. Been there, done that.

Daily temporary unavailability over here in Europe: between 8 and ± 8:10am local time.