07-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #100
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
I have a hard time believing that the coupe will start with a base price in the 70's, much less the sedan, though I do think it will be close. there's a natural ceiling here as a result of the M5 base price of $90k. also, while the lightweight materials we are expecting to see represent cost increases over the e9x, let's not forget that the engine is almost certainly an area where BMW is saving money vs. the outgoing e9x (which is not to suggest that automotive pricing follows a cost plus pricing model, but rather that I don't think the cost of the new vehicle will be as significant as the price increase will be).

having said that, here are my predictions for U.S. market pricing:

M3 sedan: $65,500 plus destination, or $66,400 roughly
M4 coupe: $69,500 plus destination, or $70,400 roughly

a fully-optioned coupe (including the ceramic brakes) will likely encroach M5 territory (i.e. ~$90k), but I think disciplined buyers will be able to keep the sticker price under $80k without sacrificing too many options. said another way, I think you will be able to get premium pkg, DCT, tech pkg and metallic paint for around $80k. adding any of the following would likely put you over $80k: ZCP, premium wheels or premium sound.

just my thoughts for the record. I'm interested to see how pricing comes in relative to my expectations.
man that is just toooo much for an m3/m4