Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
...What's next, a BMW wheelchair?
That's essentially been done...
Martin Conquest Ltd. has taken that same cycling spirit to a new level, with a modified BMW R1150R that can be driven from a wheelchair. (http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009...ast-lane/?_r=0)

As for the pictured cars I cannot help but think that cars are like people: they get fuller in the jowls and put on weight as the years go by.

I like all three of them to one degree or another. I think the first pic of the F82 makes the front end look a bit odd, especially right around the edge/gap between the hood's end and the bumper's start. I also think there's too much going on up front below the kidney grills. Otherwise, it's fine, and those things I mentioned are not even remotely enough to stop me from buying it.

Based on looks alone, I'd buy the E46. Accepting the reality that I don't own one now, I'd more likely buy the F82 because I could get it new and not have to wonder how it was handled in other folks' hands. If they can get the thing to the point it's not deemed a gas guzzler, I might actually buy an F82.

(I have a personal pet peeve about having to pay the gas guzzler tax on a new car, but not on used ones. Why should I pay that tax simply because I was willing/able to buy the car I wanted, but all the folks who buy one used shouldn't have to pay it to? The car doesn't cease to be a guzzler just because it's been titled and driven off the dealer's lot.)

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0