View Single Post
      09-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #43
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

My 1M stock dyno chart

I think I should re-post (as I did in the past in 1M forum on a different subject) my first dyno in September? 2012 last year, when the car had nothing but a black grill, pedals and stuff like that, so absolutely bone stock technically speaking, with low mileage (I think was around 3350 km. or 2000 something miles only), Mustang dyno of a very reputable shop here, notorious for being ultra conservative at the wheel numbers, mild ambient temperature like 20 Celsius, DSC off, M button pressed, regular gas which should be equal or a bit better than US 91, altitude 530-550 meters. These are 4th gear pulls (3 times) that dyno operator took the car up to 6700 rpm each time did not go up to limiter. I wanted to have a baseline before installing a rear exhaust and mid pipe. If you go GIAC web site or google it you can see that their numbers are awfully similar (almost identical) regarding their 1M test car before they start tuning it. I know there are many others but that should be good enough.

Peak hp was 294.2 hp and torque was 342.9; all three runs were with similar results and best hp number was attained at the last run. I saw the chart of a new stock 2012 M3 there (the car was there for a supercharger install) and it was 323 hp, merely 29-30 whp more and later I learned that it was pretty much what M3 was making on a Mustang dyno.

Just with that half exhaust mod I later passed 301 whp, it's there at the link too. I was remembering that second dyno after exhaust when I claimed that power is reached closer to 6000, it is not for the bone stock car, but I think that still looks different than Insideline's chart (don't know what kind of dyno or chart is that), just pay attention to power after 5000s, it is pretty flat, isn't it? Not at all falling from a cliff and there is still a lot of power up untill the end of chart at 6700 rpm, that is the M division's tune for the N54T!

And just with that rear muffler and a catless (but resonated) BMW mid pipe, and nothing else it got better even right at top while peak hp was reached closer to 6000.

For some reason the site is not letting me directly re-attach the chart here but I give the link of thread where I posted it before, check posts 14, 15 and 16 with attachments:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=745649
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 09-17-2013 at 07:01 PM..
Appreciate 0