10-11-2019, 06:15 AM   #68
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post
we ONLY make sense to each other. To everyone else that doesn't care about cars, we are irrational, make piss poor financial decisions, and are highly irresponsible.

...But ill still pay a markup on that GT3.. with a high deductible on that insurance plan to save money of course to right some wrongs..

Yeah, they b*tch and moan about our financial decisions, but fail to disclose how 1 freaking round of golf costs them $200+, adding up to over $5-6k throughout the year. Or how many tens of thousands they've spent on vacations and travel. In the end, they don't understand that their leisure activities are no different than ours, because they just don't "get it."

And yet, I find that in my group of friends, I'm usually the one driving because everyone wants to be in my cars, since they're the most fun and interesting. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBasicGentlemen View Post
127 cars owned later and over 55 since I got married in 2006, my wife sees thru my BS Every time I say this is the ideal car she just laughs. Where my current plan is to trade in the WRX for a M3 as my DD and sell the 1LE for a GTR. Ive owned so many cars its just a shame, too many I shoulda kept and even more I wanna buy
Bless your wife, she's a saint. My wife would have left me after the 5th car She refused to endorse the STI purchase when I almost bought it, but only let it slide since the money was already spent on the M3 and I'd be getting a check back with the Subaru, so no additional funds would be taken out.
Appreciate 0