View Single Post
      12-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #58
OverDriven
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by camber View Post
Cayman is a great car and a great performing car.

However, it is absolutely hideous. The front is okay, but the rear is butt ugly. Contrast that with the 911, which had the "right" rear. I actually think the 991 911 looks awesome.

This ugliness was the only factor swaying me away from the Cayman for years. The rear end needs work. Otherwise, I'd already be driving one.
Are you unaware that the entire car has been redesigned? They certainly fixed the problems with the looks of the Cayman. I've seen several of the new ones in person and they are light years beyond the last generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAUROS View Post
Blah! People don't buy Cayman's. People who truly want a Porsche buy 911 or higher. Personally, I don't see the value in the premium over a BMW or Audi unless you are a track nut. I guess if all you care about is prestige then sure, I 'guess' it makes sense. The only car that even remotely intrigues me is the new 991 GT3, but at that price point, I'd rather get a GT-R Nismo and save some loot.
People who want a real Porsche experience are actually buying the Cayman. The 911 (except the GT3) has become a bloated luxury sports car. The Cayman is very much like what a 911 used to be when they were more pure sports cars.

As for the GT3 vs GTR, I can tell you've driven neither. Go drive a GTR hard on a track and then drive a new GT3 on a track. I would have a hard time believing anyone would pick the GTR after that. It's not even close.
Appreciate 0