View Single Post
      12-19-2013, 02:34 AM   #61
Thurman Murch
Lieutenant
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: M3

The one fact I have seen is that those who have owned an M in the past or like sports cars that switched to a 550i or F30 are regretting the decision and have contemplated, are contemplating or have switched back to some form of an M. The experience in the S65 equipped car is very connecting and is sorely missed once gone. I know the S55 is fast but will it deliver that connection remains to be seen. No matter what kind of analyses you apply to the new car decision most of the people here end back up in a BMW.

I like azurite black and space gray but Singapore grey is pretty awesome. I think VO would look really good in this application. I remember a few years BMW of Fairfax was offering a special to repaint your car in any color they could get a hold of for 2K - should of jumped on it.

Well what other manufacturers provide better products in this particular segment? I am sorry but Audi's suck. They are bland and so easy to drive. They don't provide any tailored options. I checked out both an RS6/RS7 feels and smells just like an A4 with quilted seats. Maybe Porsche or Merc but then it just depends on what you are after.

If you hate the F8X just keep your current M3 and get something else. Merc may be too soft and the GT-R too harsh or not lux enough. Porsche drives on rails and has a sweet manual but doesn't have the room or lux for the price.

I was surprised with the top end the new 335i has. It seems to have somewhat lost the bottom end and doesn't have the mid range power the N/S63 have.

I rather have an F80 with a CFRP roof than LED tail lamps or no hood line. I wish I would have kept my E46M but I am keeping my E92M and getting the M4. Hopefully BMW expands the available color palette but don't trade your E9XM if you are going to be stretching financially to get the F8X. The S65 in money in its own right.
Appreciate 0