View Single Post
      11-06-2021, 09:00 PM   #1488
biofluke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_SheerDrivingPleasure View Post
Had a glorious afternoon at Lime Rock yesterday to close out the track season. Strong turnout from the M-Nation!

I managed a 60.56 lap on Nankang CR-1s, a half second faster than my prior PB on NT-01. The cool dry air could have also played a factor. Stock ZCP 6MT except for Frodo DS1.11 and girodongs.

I started the season driving ~63 second laps. At only 1.53 miles you can get a lot of repetition. I must have done 500 laps this season. "Look, kids there's Big Bend."
Great hanging with you, MaX PL, and a few other F80 guys! We represented there and were the fastest guys out there, besides a few GT3/GT3RS/GT4CSMR. That carbon-bodied GT4 Clubsport MR was nuts, but wouldn't pass me unless he was on the front straight. Maybe too scared to bang it up . Our cars were pulling so hard with the cold air... turbos were very happy

I was very pleased with my 1:01.12, my second time there. I'm catching up with you . My Garmin has me around a 60.4 second optimal, and watching my footage from the event I see where I need to improve. I think sub 1 minute is def possible with these big burly & rowdy F8X cars. I'm hoping to try to pull it off next year when I replace my Bilstein B16D and (its blown/leaking rear shock) with an MCS 2WR or 3WR.

Let's def coordinate another day this spring. Limerock is a fun little track.

The rest of my fastest times this year were:

Limerock - 1:01.12
Thunderbolt 1:34.01 (1:32.68 optimal.. crazy traffic that day at Delware PCA)
Lightning - 1:15.93 (1:14.87 optimal, on a 100degree humid day with the car pulling timing like crazy in traffic)
Palmer (clockwise/reverse) 1:52.7 (1:50.87 optimal, again lots of traffic)

I know the optimal laps don't count but couldn't help but mention them Now that I'm in all the advanced groups, the pace is much faster, and there is much less traffic. So hoping next season to get these times down with more clean laps.

These were on Falken RT660 tires, Ferodo 3.12 pads on AP BBK, and obviously, camber plates.
Appreciate 2