TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dbimmer89 View Post
I do agree that maybe the W204 C63 and E9X M3 feel a little more "special" than the F8X but this isn't really apples to apples here. Everything they love about the C63 will be gone next year in the W205 version minus the mighty V8. But even then, it will be turbo charged so you're not going to get that pure "unfiltered noise" nor that instant throttle response.

The W205 C63 versus the F80 M3 is a review that I am excitingly waiting for. A true apples to apples comparison. Both will be turbo charged with EPS etc.
+1. These are all great cars but reviewers do a terrible job of putting things into context. I remember reading a few comparisons between the RS5 and F3X M3/M4 (with the RS5 winning for obvious reasons...) and the reviewer acted like this was a next-gen Audi and how this was the route Audi was taking while BMW took the electric-steering + turbo route because they wanted to.

It's one thing to express your opinion that the current RS5 is made to compete with the F8X M3/M4 because they're on the same product cycle and another thing to express your opinion that the RS5 is better than the F8X M3/M4 today because it's still using "old" tech with old rules and regulations knowing and explaining that what is currently in the RS5 will likely be gone in the next one.
Appreciate 0