View Single Post
      05-23-2019, 01:33 PM   #2
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

To say that there are a lot of options is an understatement. Unless you're made out of money, reconsider the bi-weekly thing. This is the worst and best hobby in the world and you'll be spending way too much money on it going to the track once a month. Bi-weekly will be insanely expensive, you'll be changing pads and tires left and right. Consider autocrossing between track days if you really need a fix. You'll want an instructor to get you started.

BMWCCA is by default worth it because you get rebates on your new vehicles even if you never attend an event.

NASA is my favorite and the club I participate in the most because most of their events are weekends, great crowd, TONS of track time. Track days are a bit pricey though, especially if you run with HPDE1 and need an instructor. On the plus side, the instructors are great.

SCCA is a popular one, but most of their events are on weekdays. They're much more affordable but you won't be getting as much lap time.

I hear great things about PCA but haven't been to an event yet. You'll need a Porsche VIN to sign up.

If you join NASA, I'll be at their June Jam event at NJMP Thunderbolt (Not far from Atlantic City). It's a great track to start on, IMO.
Appreciate 1