05-24-2019, 06:56 PM   #19
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRiderAaron View Post
I've ran multiple track events with both OEM and Motul fluids, no issues with either.

I too thought you needed a "better/higher rated temp" fluid for the F80 (always liked Motul products) so I tried it after finishing the first season with OEM fluid. Swapped in the Motul 600 for last season and went back to OEM for this season. From my experience there was no difference in performance (speaking for the F80 only). Just comparing the rated temperatures for each doesn't mean much.
I'm not saying you're wrong for using OEM. Everyone brakes differently. If OEM works for you then keep using it but it's pretty ridiculous for you to say that OEM fluid works just fine when clearly it doesn't work for me, anyone else I go to the track with, and apparently most of the people who post here. I'm sure stock pads and tires are good enough for some people too. That doesn't make it ridiculous to use a race pads and r-compounds does it?

How does comparing rated temperatures not mean much when we're specifically talking about boiling points of fluids? After multiple cycles of heat transfer between the rotors, pads, calipers and fluids, your brake fluid temps are bound to start converging just below your rotor temps.
Appreciate 0