GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I'll skip this generation electric since I find it is too much in its infancy. Not enough range and insufficient charging speed/infrastructure on the street and at race tracks for it to work for me as a dual use car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Many of the backroads I travel to are not close to chargers and some even go through the mountains and wooded areas
Yeah - I could get over the charging there are plenty of chargers close to the canyons where I live but ... my problem is with the Taycan design - I think they missed a window, i.e., at the time they were competing with the Tesla S in form factor, but that's not where the market is:

(1.) The Taycan is fucking huge!

Range Rover: 197″L x 78″W, cargo max: 69 cu ft
Taycan: 195″L x 78″W geezus!, cargo max: 14 cu ft
F80 M3: 184"L x 74"W, cargo max: 17 cu ft
What in the actual fuck? An F80 is a foot shorter, 4" thinner and has 3 more cu ft of storage space? Oh, and a Taycan is the same footprint as a fucking Range Rover?

(2.) Weird-ass B-Pillar
who was the Einstein that designed the B pillar??? I’m a tall guy, 6’ 4”, and I have a helluva time getting in and out of the car. Because of the design of the B pillar, ingress/egress is a bitc*. I would love to take a Sawzall to the B pillar--forum link

(3.) Quality Issues?
Consumer Reports Pulled Recommendation of Porsche Taycan
There are lots of internet anecdotes I won't bother posting, but it's enough where I'd say if this isn't your 3rd or 4th car, and/or you're expecting typical Porsche quality, you might be disappointed ...

Anyway, I'm not ready for an enormous sedan that's tough to get in and out of with potential reliability/quality issues that has limited range.

Kinda hard to make the but-there-aren't-many-better-options-honey argument.
Appreciate 0