12-04-2020, 08:21 AM   #1174
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Yup, they all have them including Porsche (Nick Murray anyone).

Part of it is the frequency and how the manufacturer takes care of the customer. The US manufacturers lag the premium German brands in every metric here unfortunately. Which, wouldn't necessarily be a problem except for GM, Ford (sort of Dodge) have prices that are as much if not more than the Germans now. They definitely have the performance to match, but they need to up their game in a bunch of ways to take better care of these buyers IMO.

Reliability, looks and performance are not the F80 variants problem, for the most part to me. You'd be bored with it immediately and being looking elsewhere pretty quick.
I dont think I would be bored immediately. I have not had anything close to the level of F80 fun for almost 2 years now. Just a bunch of normie cars.

The crank hub was one of the reasons I sold my last one and never really considered another. I want to be able to tune, tinker, run e85, etc without worrying about spinning the hub.

My other complaints were sound and numb steering. Well BMW isnt fixing their steering anytime soon and the exhaust seems to be better with a single mid pipe. Heard one at a car show.

A big plus is the styling of an F80. Its a beautiful car IMO. I would be looking for a 16-17 NON comp pack manual with full leather in the $40s. Not a fan of the icon headlights or the comp pack wheels/seats. No way would I pay over $50k for one.
Appreciate 1
minn1914037.50