Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivemegabytes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Anybody know if this discounted lease buy out option is the same payoff a dealer would see if say I was trading this in on a new model? I called BMWFS and they said it should be, but they cannot provide me the quote the dealer would get because I am not a dealer. The dealer on Sunday said they pulled my car up on the system and my payoff was the residual plus my last two payments, but he did say since it was over the weekend he would give BMWFS a call when he can back into the office today and confirm what it is for them.
In theory yes it should be the same, but in practice, I have very often seen the dealer seeing a different number at first sometimes off by a random amount like $200 which makes no sense other than buggy software I suppose. Easiest way is to give the dealer your payoff doc and they will work it out with FS.
Did some more digging, if you trade it in BMWFS requires you the payoff to be residual + remaining payments. The customer discount option is only available if you yourself refinance it or send them a check in the mail.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 2