GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
GrussGott, I have my first disagreement with you for the year! Although it is a minor one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
BMWNA or AG, it doesn't matter to me, is selling a very expensive premium service on top of a supposedly already premium experience the brand is pushing/marketing/selling.
Well, IMO it's not a "premium service" and that should be obvious from the fact that there's no "program" just a ton of shit you have to do, and they have two versions, Individual Collection and Individual Manufaktur. Collection isn't a "service" - you just order the options you want based on what they tell you is available, and Manufaktur is the same: you order what you want based on the options they tell you are available ... except for Manufaktur discovering what's available is horrible, and getting it is worse.

And if you really look at BMW's marketing, they're actually not advertising it as a "premium service" but more an available set of options - they imply the things you can get a super fancy, but they don't advertise a service.

I think people around HERE talk about Manufaktur like it's a special or a premium service and nobody bothers correcting them (or they don't want to be corrected), but they're deluding themselves; Manufaktur is just a set of options that are a massive pain in the ass to order.

So my point is, BMW makes no explicit or implicit promises on a "premium" program or service, only that you MIGHT BE ABLE to order things not in the product schedule.

Said differently, people need to stop being pretentious little pussies about ordering stitching. You ordered the chicken burrito and you got beef - you can lose your shit over it or just eat it and move on with your day. Judge Judy rules and all that.
Appreciate 0