02-28-2018, 04:36 PM   #110
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Yeah! Seriously, that's what Individual Manufaktur is!

It's like the moron's choice, but people around here Trump-it into some kind of premium thing ... when really it's always just barely not a catastrophe. My wife seriously gets "order anxiety" as this is our 3rd Individual (and we've never done a big project) and they've all gone wrong somehow and all been WAY WAY more work than we thought.

I won't say what went wrong this time, but it was just colors and things not as I'd ordered, but in the end all fine, but the explanation was hilarious. It was basically, "yes we know you ordered it that way, but only an imbecile would do that, so we fixed it for you"

And I'm not adding much more to their explanation that what was there.
That thread pisses me off.

When it comes down to it, BMW, Benz or Audi all offer this but it is only BMW that seems to be pushing it the hardest as of late. Maybe because BMW saw the % of buyers for Ms that seems to be asking for other colors that aren't the typical White, Black or "special" Gray they don't have like Nardo, Grigio Telesto or my Medio. They figured, well hell so many Ms in F8x gen seems to like them why don't we just make one too? Boom, Lime Rock Gray.

Individual colors is exactly as the title states, it's an individual choice. Who the fuck said you should do it if you don't like it? Why are there SO many whiners on the forums that seems to feel like BMW should be way more charitable when it comes to what they offer? The fact is normal buyers that aren't on the forums buy White, Black, Metallic Grey way more than AY, SO or YMB.

If they don't like it, well fucking tough okay? BMW isn't a fucking charity, they are a corporation and at the bottom line they make money. I don't see people here bitch about Porsche and how they gouge you w/ options. Options that are normally standard for other brands are an option for Porsche and that is literally where ALL of their profit comes from.

To all you lemmings on the forums whining about every little thing. Deal with it. The world doesn't cater to you. Stop bitching. FFS. Everyone on Bimmerpost seems to want BMW to give them things for free, that isn't how the world works.

Edit: I want to do ED eventually too. Would love to do that...

Last edited by Arcades; 02-28-2018 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18164.00