01-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #166
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
thanks for the review

I am literally almost stunned by the comments in bold after having seen the cars myself and owning an e92 currently.

I don't mean to be critical of your opinion, but you are the only person I know or have seen on this forum who thinks the materials are A ) lower in quality to the e9x (I think they are a large upgrade) and B ) look like the very basic and cheaper 228i which has far worse materials including very cheap feeling leather.

JMO, but thanks for the feedback.
Overall, I do think the materials and the layout are nicer on the F8x than the E9x. However, I don't think the "touch points" are nicer - I personally think the leather wheel and seats are better in the E series cars than the F series cars. I think of it this way - the E series car leather on the wheels, seats, etc. rates and 9/10 and the layout and trim may rate a 5/10. On the F series cars the leather wheels and seats may rate 8/10 but the layout and trim now also rate a 8/10. I think this is a common thing that we are seeing across all luxury cars - Lexus is a perfect example of this (older Lexus are more "posh").

Also, I wouldn't call the 228i interior cheap. Sure its not as nice as the F8x interiors (especially the seats) in materials. However, the layout is essentially the same and I personally feel that the 228i materials have taken a step up from the most recent 3 series materials. All I am saying is the delta between the M materials and the series cars is smaller.

Last edited by burnsniper; 01-27-2014 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0