08-18-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

TrackTec Camber Lockout Kit Review / DIY Video

Hey F80 Bimmerpost!

I just finished installing the TrackTec Camber Lockout kit on my PureTurbos M2. This kit is meant to replace the OEM rear eccentric camber bolt with a new bolt and new shims for the F8X chassis - M2/3/4! The shims come in five different offsets which allow for up to nine different camber positions and essentially lock out the ability for the OE camber bolt to spin and throw off your alignment on those days where you're pushing the car hard around the track, or even if you're just a weekend warrior doing some canyon carving.

I installed the kit about two months ago and have been running it on my 530wHP N55 M2 since then - I've done quite a few track days and this kit has been wonderful. When I installed the kit I actually noticed my previous alignment was actually off from when I had it aligned last. I've attached a picture of the OE camber bolt. When I got my last alignment done the tech put a blue paint mark to match where the OE bolt was on the control arm so if I ever did work to the car back there and had to remove that bolt, I could throw the bolt back in and have it back within the alignment specs. Line up the paint mark and my camber was set to where it was previously. Turns out after a couple track days here and there, the bolt did in fact move and my camber alignment was off and probably threw my toe off too causing accelerated tire wear.

Just going to let you guys know that I did have a hand in the design of this kit, and I was involved in the testing of the kit - I would just like to do a review of the product as unbiased as possible and let you guys know of this DIY video the guys over at TrackTec did. Enjoy the video!

Last edited by Endeav; 08-18-2020 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 2
FaRKle!4016.00
DRLane3988.50