03-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
dantm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deteria View Post
I'm looking at purchasing a M4, and the thoughts of European Delivery seemed enticing. Granted, I've looked at some used M4s that are going for ~$53-60k w/ all the options I'd care for. I've priced out a new M4 build for my liking, and it has a ~80k MSRP. I figured with ED being a slight savings, for those that have done ED, was the extra price difference worth it for the experience over buying a used and saving ~$20k?

Some extra info to factor in:
I don't drive very much for work, this car will essentially be a trophy vehicle. This will end up being my DD if I do go out, and in total I will have 2 vehicles. I put maybe ~3-5k miles a year tops. I plan to finance and keep the car for long term.
We will be seeing some price drops in used market very soon given how these cars will start coming off lease... I would say used may be the way to go to save 20K and maybe even more especially since you dont drive a lot so if the car comes with 20k-30k miles it wont escalate very fast and you dont take the huge depreciation hit just because the car is "new"
Appreciate 0