02-24-2020, 11:49 AM   #7
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deteria View Post
Some extra info to factor in:
I don't drive very much for work, this car will essentially be a trophy vehicle. This will end up being my DD if I do go out, and in total I will have 2 vehicles. I put maybe ~3-5k miles a year tops. I plan to finance and keep the car for long term.
Deteria - I am in a very similar position. I just ordered a 2020 M4 with Individual Paint. I ride my motorcycle to work daily, I will drive my M4 about 5k miles a year, maybe even a little less. It will be a weekend toy and garage Trophy.

I was considering doing European Delivery. I have never done ED nor ordered Individual paint before, I thought this time I would do both. Ultimately I decided not to do ED and just have the car delivered state-side.

There is NO more financial incentive to get ED. It used to save you some money. It doesn't any longer. That combined with a few other factors, the time to get the car back to the US after ED, the fact that you can't get port installed accessories if you do ED, and frankly just the general paranoia of what my car my go through during ED, and then being delivered after ED I just decided not to do it. So instead I booked my wife and I a spare-no-expense European vacation.

Anyway thats my story. I do however highly recommend you order a 2020 M4, you'll get one of the very last of a very fantastic auto