01-26-2021, 12:48 AM   #3
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaflex View Post
So I am about to PPF my car but I have some rock chips on the hood as well as the bumper area. I inform the dealer where I got the car from about this and they agree to fix the paint. After dropping my car off they said if they had to fix the chips they would need to redo the entire hood/bumper for fix rock chips. The sales guy recommended that it was not worth to redo the entire hood/bumper for rock chip damage. What is the best way to fix this type of damage?
Let me start by saying...I am not a professional detailer.

I agree with the 1st response and think it boils down to what you are willing to live with. If it were my car and the chips weren't too bad, I would have a reputable detailer "correct" the entire vehicle. Once completed, PPF and coat to avoid the same issues moving forward.

Again, I don't know all the ins & outs of repainting but think many have done so w/o issue. Keep in mind that you should still "correct" after it is repainted and then PPF + coat.

I would search the forums. I do recall some members having issues w/repainting and PPF.
Appreciate 0