Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Really you can't see how this can possibly happen

Driving aggressively and trying to shift quickly from 3rd to 4th an put slight pressure towards your body and boom, you are in 2nd and over-revved.

OP I hope it turns out ok for you. I did it once years ago in my E90 M3. I clutched in immediately and was so confused and mad at myself as I had no idea how it happened. Thankfully nothing came of it and there was no damage.
Not that it's not possible, just that it's not "not hard to make that mistake". If it wasn't hard to do it, I've have done it countless times by now instead of never. If it's not nearly idiot proof, I promise you I would have broken many engines by now.

Best of luck to OP, maybe it's the crank hub?
Ok if we're going to argue semantics I guess you have a point, even if it's a bit harsh. I recall something about throwing stones in glass houses here. I figured the OP is stressed enough, no need to add to it. And honesty there have been at least a handful of times in 30 years I've shifted then thought twice before releasing the clutch, then put in neutral and started again just to be sure.
Appreciate 8