View Single Post
      12-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #379
Justin*
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW M3

Everyone keeps talking about how the gap in quality between European cars and American cars have closed a lot. In reality it hasn't. American auto makers have just gotten better at fooling you/us. How many people claiming quality of American automobiles have actually taken both manufactured cars interior apart? Aesthetically, the American cars have made leaps and bounds for sure. The actual real quality of how the parts are assembled hasn't changed at all! The same pos clips and fasteners are behind all the leather and suede on American cars. My analogy is: you can wrap a turd with leather....it's still a turd. It's just wrapped in leather now.

Don't get me wrong; please. I love Ford Mustang, and Corvettes too. I'm a true car enthusiast and I really want a C6 Z06 as my next hot rod for just me to have fun with. I miss my 04 Cobra and Camaro SS. I'm also a realist though. Trust me; current American cars are not engineered or assembled to the same level as their European competitors. To further stress my point; have you ever taken the panels and dash out of an American made car (any manufacturer). The clips hold on for dear life (where you think its going to break for sure) and then when they finally let go there is a loud pop. A lot of times the clips to break forcing you to go to autozone or wherever to get a replacement. Then a lot of times the panels don't always go back exactly as they came off. Conversely, the European cars named above come apart more methodically but there is no loud popping and crunching. It is smooth and the cars go back together completely as they came apart. Mercedes is perfect, BMW is extremely close to Merc. Porsche is really awesome too. This is how I base my thoughts on whether a car is truly as quality as another. I'm not trying to talk smack at all. Simply put; there is a lot more to a car that makes it quality than what can be seen from the seat.