11-24-2021, 03:14 PM   #7
Donteflon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i, F30 340i, F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitzke View Post
I've never logged anything part-throttle so I'm really unsure and don't have a good baseline to compare it against but interestingly your bank 1 AFR shoots up suuuper lean after the 4500 mark vs bank 2 that sticks with the lambda target. Also during this time is when your STFT also split apart and the bank 1 STFT value is lower than bank 2.

When I had a brief moment of this in the tuning process with F80Paul he suggested possible a stuck/leaky injector, but also that resetting the 'learned adaptations' underneath the diagnostics tab was also a good thing to do after changing maps.
This is a solid point too. I totally neglected the AFRs and the possibility of injectors being an issue. Part of me feels doubtful about it though. He's not running ethanol and his HPFP actual is 2800 psi. That's a very healthy pressure and I doubt it's stressing the injectors out. But iunno. It's hard to deduce from this log, but then again, I am not a tuner myself, and am self taught in regard to log interpretation as well as having my own anecdotal experiences.

Nonetheless, good point, heitzke

I'll also have to walk back what I said about the oscillation since that happens after 3k-4.5k as well as the touch & go accelerator/throttle input after the initial pull contributing to what I thought was oscillation. WGDC looks okay and boost is smooth in the 3k-4.5k range.

Last edited by Donteflon; 11-24-2021 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 1