View Single Post
      06-21-2022, 10:04 PM   #18132
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
@AlterZgo - how are you liking your tune for the 992S? Playing with the idea of getting one.
Hey there! Really enjoying the tune. The car runs perfectly fine. No issues whatsoever. It pulls ridiculously hard. As you know our cars have pretty tall gearing… even more so for manuals b/c we have 1 less gear. Stock I always felt like acceleration fell off noticeably in 2nd gear. Now it pulls really hard in 2nd and even 3rd gear. Turn traction control off and it rips even harder to redline. BTW I live in AZ where it’s been about 90-110 degrees the last few weeks and the car has not slowed down any noticeable amt. No limp mode, reduction in boost or anything at all. I can’t wait until fall and winter to see how the car runs in 40-60 degree temps.

I LOVE the elimination of the 3500 stationary rev limiter. I don’t plan on launching my car but it’s really nice to be able to rev it to 7K RPMs while sitting still and knowing that I can launch it well at 5000 rpm instead of the stock 3500 limit.

I also added the feature where exhaust valves are fully open in Sport and sport+ modes. It’s very noticeable. I felt the stock PSE was the biggest waste of $3K ever. Could barely tell any difference in exhaust noise when switching from normal to sport. Now it’s very noticeable and in sport mode there is even a subtlety noticeable vibration throughout the car. Makes the car feel very sporty when in sport mode.

Finally I also added cold start delete and that’s very handy too for not waking up neighbors when leaving early or driving late at night.

Those M Engineering guys are super responsive. I emailed my stock calibration to them and they sent me a tune in about an hour. I asked to tweak some parameters and they sent me an updated tune in 20 minutes.

So far, there have been no downsides. No codes thrown, no check engine lights, no slippage of the clutch or any problems. I think people w/ PDKs have complained about clutch slippage but there’s a PDK tune for that too (for an additional $1495 though).
Appreciate 1
Thescout134947.00