View Single Post
      06-22-2022, 10:20 AM   #18135
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Thanks for the feedback, sounds awesome!

A few follow ups:

1. Re exhaust, I have the Akra and expect it to get loud when I do the Sport exhaust option, but does it drone or just gives it more good volume?

My stock PSE does not drone at all w/ exhaust valves forced open in sport and sport+. Just makes it louder than normal at all RPMs. Stock valve operation probably varies throughout the RPM range and depends on throttle position. This mod just forces valves open all the time. It's not over bearing at all, but I am coming from a F80 w/ remus exhaust, no resonators and secondary cat delete so I'm used to louder exhausts. It's not overbearing and still not as loud as my M3. With your Akra, I'm sure it'll sound even better!

2. When you say you asked them to update parameters, what were those? Or is that the configurable options you mentioned?

The only thing I needed them to change was I had them add back in the auto start/stop which I had deleted. The reason I had them add this back in was because on manual 992s, they have this cool feature where if you stall the car, as soon as you step on the clutch pedal, the car automatically restarts. Deleting the auto start/stop also kills this functionality. It really isn't an issue for me but for my son who's learning how to drive stick, he was confused and didn't know how to get the car started again when he stalled it. We did talk about other parameters like modifying exhaust valve operation in different modes but I didn't have to change anything else b/c I liked how the exhaust sounded.

They can basically change any parameter you want including if you want to upgrade to stage 2, E85 tune, etc. all at no extra charge.

3. Assume launching and low speed is not changed much but mid-speed (30-100, 60-130) is what is impacted right? That's what needs the most IMO.

Off the line is probably same as stock but almost immediately the power comes on hard even at lower RPMs. The power delivery feels exactly like how the dyno charts shows. I feel no additional turbo lag vs stock and if you're cruising at 3K RPM and nail it, it will pull hard right away. It does pull very nicely towards redline without a drop off in power. And yes, it gives that added push the the stock car is lacking from 2nd gear and up.

This is all with stage 1. If it's not enough you can always do stage 2 or just go full E85 if you have access to E85.

4. Only heard of clutch slippage for guys who went e85 or some bigger turbo setup, but I may be misremembering so thanks for flagging and I'll watch out for it.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134947.00