01-24-2024, 07:31 PM   #94
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamf2001 View Post
With EDC dampers e.g. Damptronic do they adjust or calibrate to the height of the spring? If you have B6 Dampers and want a lower spring, rather than the lower spring putting the damper under constant strain and shortening it's life can the default position of EDC be calibrated (or is the only option to go for B8's). Reason I ask is there is not much information on this topic other than one video from a guy in Poland I think who mentions his EDC dampers being calibrated to his new lower springs (F30 BMW I think).

Need to be careful lowering xDrives because of the front axel, mine is a F30 335d xDrive and I'd like to pair it with the B6 Damptronics and Eibach springs in the future when I have the money to burn!
My understanding of Bilstein product line is B6 is meant to be run with stock springs whereas B8 are designed to run with lowering springs.

B6 and B8 are identical performance wise but the B8 has different dimensions to accommodate a lower height spring.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0