View Single Post
      04-25-2015, 10:59 PM   #20
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojs
Dummy question: if I first siphon all of the old fluid out of the reservoir (and it becomes empty = full of air) and then put on the hose and pressurize the bottle, doesn't the system suck in air from the reservoir by the time new fluid reaches the reservoir through the hose? Common sense tells me you should top up the reservoir with new fluid (by simply pouring) right after siphoning. :
*edit* the "expert" on the bavauto doesn't fill the master cylinder/fluid reservoir.. I think since the bottle is pressurized it pushes the fluid into the reservoir but the air is displaced upwards into the tube...if you were to run out of fluid while you are draining/bleeding and there was no more fluid on the top side (of the fluid drops below the master cylinder) then I think that is when you get air entrapment. I thought the same thing as you "am I pushing a reservoir sized air bubble through the system !?&&)??" .. guess not!

I think this is what makes "sense" but not what actually happens .. bc even if you fill up your reservoir, when u connect your hose you would be injecting a hose-worth of air into your system .. I think it just is based on the fluid being heavier so it goes down and the air stays up

Appreciate 0