View Single Post
      12-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #388
Justin*
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye 535i View Post
You guys ever drive a high powered stang? It very difficult to keep the power on the ground, very dangerous which is fun, but its not an easy car to toss around which can take away from the fun factor as you will second guess corners and punching the car at will. On the other hand the M3 can be driven by a grandma.

A skilled driver in a Mustang and a novice in an M3 will be equal. But a novice in an M3 and a Novice in a Mustang, the Mustang will get torched. The Stang is getting better and better but they are in totally different demographics, no sense comparing them really. We have a Roush and a bunch of BMWs in my family and i have to say the Roush can be scary at times lol.
I'm not really sure I agree with your statements if the correct mods are being done to the Mustang; i.e. suspension too I mean. However, speaking stock to stock...I completely agree with you. The M3 is much more confidence inspiring chassis without a doubt. I have a 2004 Cobra with a livernois "5.0"stroker motor, stage II crower cams, full three inch exhaust, Liquid cooled Kenne bell 2.8 with behemoth inlet. The car is stupid fast at 20psi on 93 octane. On e85 it is just plane nuts. At that power level it sucks as a road car. However, if it is dialed down to under 600whp; it does really well with the maximum motorsports road race suspension setup it has. Oh, and I have to run 315 sized drag radials at all times.

At the end of the day; if I could only have one...it would be my M3. I can't truly explain why.

Back to the new mustang though. It doesn't make the power that your roush or my Cobra makes which is a major game changer. Plus the new car with a well designed IRS (not the junk ford passed off in my car as IRS) would be great. I think a 430 rwhp (tune, axle back exhaust, cai) 2015 Mustang GT with the upgraded suspension, brakes and tires would be a little track monster.