Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C_OZ View Post
if injectors are a limiting factor what is an upgraded HPFP gonna do to help supply more fuel ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Just having upgraded HPFPs won't make bigger injectors flow more, but bigger injectors might also push stock pumps to their limit too often.
These are exactly the questions I'm hoping that Tom can provide some clarity to.

From what I've gathered, for 100% E85 tunes on aftermarket turbos the limiting factor is a drop in fuel pressure as opposed to the injectors being unable to keep up. This to me says that the stock injectors still have some room on the table; exactly how much room is up for debate.

On the topic of injector size, I'd imagine that PI would likely offer a higher ceiling in terms of available fuel load being that the fuel-it system essentially doubles injector capacity via redundancy (12 injectors as opposed to 6). When it comes to fueling needs though, does anyone know the extent of how much additional fuel is actually needed? I mean I see the fuel-it system offering 550cc - 950cc injectors, but how much of that capacity is actually needed in order to keep fuel trims stable? Could the stock injectors actually flow an adequate amount with the HPFP upgrade to negate the difference?

Everything is theoretical until we actually see results...

For Sale
Appreciate 0