View Single Post
      05-14-2019, 08:37 AM   #42
Corry El
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Damn I wouldn't dream of doing that.

I did 120 once at night on an empty rural highway, was young didn't realize I could land in such deep shit. These Bimmers feel so planted and secure you don't think much of it.
I generally drive the speed limit +7mph on straightaways of populated roads. But, there are lots of places where you can go way over with virtually no chance of getting caught. One maybe extreme example, US-50 in NV ('America's Loneliest Road'). I drove it just a couple of weeks ago, had the M2 at 130 for a bit. I saw one cop car in like 6 hours on that road (coming in the other direction), there's no place for them to hide alongside the road, and usually no other cars in sight at all (with miles of visibility). And I go more than 20-25mph over the limit all the time around rural road curves posted at 45 mph or less, which is not even seriously pushing the M2 (w/ dry pavement and warm tires). Also, passing on two lane roads I kick it down to get around the other vehicle(s) ASAP, often ending at 100-120 depending the length of vehicle or string of vehicles I'm passing. I've only been pulled over once in total in 40+ yrs of driving, last year an Indiana cop said I was still going 60 in a 45 zone going through a town on a rural highway but I think he was wrong (I saw the 45 sign and was on the brakes to get below 50 before passing it) and he just gave me a warning.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9702.50