View Single Post
      06-13-2019, 02:42 PM   #41
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

I feel this way about the custom motorcycle I built. I spent 2 years, a ton of money, and obsessed over every single detail. The look of every bolt, every inch of wiring hidden, the proportions, the function. Everything. I bought a TIG welder and taught myself to TIG because I wasn't satisfied with how a MIG bead looked on the frame connections. When I had a vision for a couple parts I wanted and couldn't find them I build a small furnace and cast them myself to get exactly what I wanted. It's the most terrifying, amazing, bad-ass, smile inducing bike I've ever ridden. it's the only thing I've ever made where I didnt think "I wish I had done that." Or "why did I cut that corner?" I would literally break down sobbing if anything ever happened to it. That's how much of myself I've put into it. As a result, it sits in the garage, unused, with less than 100 miles on it in 4 years. My wife keeps bugging me to just drain the fluids and roll it into the living room as an art piece.

So yea, I get it.

Never felt that way about a production car or bike I just bought though. I like them just fine but they are just machines that someone else built. Use them, enjoy them, trade them in, repeat.
Appreciate 2
wdb4673.00