Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubacca View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatRempit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideontwo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post
go check your turbo intercooler reservoir.

If it's empty you have a major problem as coolant is leaking into J Pipe side and into your engine and creating classic white smoke.

Get this checked asap.

Open up the reservoir

This ^^^ Water (coolant) leak is indicative of white smoke.
Will check it out

Is there any possibility that the white smoke could be coming from my resonator ? ( resonator being damaged etc )
What do you mean by resonator?

Like these guys said, easiest thing to eliminate is the charge cooler (or intercooler on top the engine). Open the filler cap and peak at the coolant level. Do a search, if you want pictures. There are tons of big threads about this leaking specifically.

If it's low or empty, fill it up, drive and check daily. If the level is consistently dropping you likely have a cracked/leaking cooler. Buy an upgraded aftermarket one. If that ends up being the problem don't sweat it too much. Just replace and you'll be good to go.
Update: Coolant Reservoir is very low, my IC reservoir is about 20% down

Topped up with water to see if its a bad leak or if its a small leak ( occurs only when driving )

After 3 days it hasnt gone down ( car has been parked )

I recently did my crankhub about 4 months ago so im sure the coolant was definitely to its full capacity therefore the IC is definitely leaking. Thankfully not the turbo seals 🙏🏽
Appreciate 0