01-07-2014, 01:21 PM   #62
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
I am going with the CCB's as it will be the same money (or there about) as going with an aftermarket BBK.I have clients that have a 996 GT3 with CCB 's on it and they have not had any issues with the discs and they have tracked the car a lot.They have done pads twice on it.Considering that I need to do front rotor rings every 10-12 days I think the CCB's might be the way to go in the long run.The newer Porsche CCB's do not have the problems that the early CCB's did on their cars from what we have seen.Yes you need to handle them carefully compared to a steel disc.
you go through a set of pads on ccb rotors with the porsche in one weekend with tc off. if its on the rears will be done in a day. the oem pad will be soft as prolong the life of the ccb's. but they will wear down quickly with track use. the option price will be roughly half the replacement cost of the rotors given they are the same manufacturer and design as porsche, mb, ferrari, brembo layered ceramic rotors. the friction layer is incredibly thin. do more research.