View Single Post
      01-06-2015, 07:14 PM   #92
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

Drove a good bit in 2" of fresh dry snow, some packed snow, sleet, cold slush (20 degrees out), and ice-dusted road surfaces throughout today - bout 160 miles total put on the car after it started snowing.

Michelin PA4.

My impression is quite good. Deliberate provocations yield immediate slipping - i.e. throttle stabbing, hard braking, sharp steering input with speed on slippery surface.

EDIT: After some more driving today in icy snow, I have to say that braking and turning seem good on 2" of it as well as packed snow, but acceleration in efficient mode quickly has DSC intervention happening constantly. I need to do more testing, but the tires seem to slip very quickly with modest throttle input in "icy snow" - moreso than I'd expect.

I went up my moderate incline driveway on packed icy snow tonight, 18 degrees out, and with steady low throttle input DSC intervened the entire way up. Now, I did go right up and I didn't require any momentum to do it. But it was non-stop slipping too.

I don't have lots of experience with snow tires like others.

Last edited by JoeFromPA; 01-07-2015 at 06:37 PM..
Appreciate 1