02-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #316
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
I think there is a potential for the first time with this generation that the M3 may not be best in class. The gap in recent years has been narrowing and I get the feeling that if MB go to town on the new C63 it could blow the F80 away.

If MB manage to bring the weight down, offer a double clutch and continue it's improvement from the ' 12 models regarding handling the M might have met it's match because one thing is guaranteed and that is this car will be packing some serious firepower.

There again....we don't know how the F80 will drive and handle- it may be spectacular and there is also the possibility that the S55 has been underrated.

Looking forward to the comparisons when both cars come out.
I used to be a BMW fanatic but now I'm hoping MB does raise the bar and give BMW a good kick in the pants in terms of not only superior hp, but handling and performance. The lighter F8x notwithstanding, BMW's have been generally getting softer with each generation so they're befitting to be beaten.

Having said that, MB has always had the engineering capability to knock out the 3-Series for but have not succeeded. Yeah the Black Series was a contender but only at a stratospheric price point which makes it an inconsequential contender.
Appreciate 0