02-26-2021, 11:17 AM   #72
Zap
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Convertible (JZB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Not a chance - with used cars in short supply, I think BMW regretted even doing it in the first place. They want your car back - they need the inventory.
I don't get it either - what sucks is that the price is many thousands above what they are selling comparable cars for, so even a slight discount would make us feel... less taken advantage of - for wanting to keep our car. Not to mention they'd still make more than it being on the lot. It seems to be part of a bigger trend as they have forbidden dealers to make a deal now too which seems borderline illegal (price fixing?).

If they wanted us (and many others) to get another lease they should have not beat the new designs with the ugly stick, and then also remove the manual on top of that. Sometimes it feels like they have forgotten their original audience. We were able to swing a new 340, but not a new M (and leasing an M2 is still stupid expensive).

The brand focus has shifted more toward people like my friend who complains about the lack of manuals, but then gladly leased multiple F30s with the auto, and now an X3M, only to complain about the ride and other things I said wouldn't suit him beforehand.
Past (6MT) 2007 E92 SG - 2007 E92 MB - 2014 F30 335xi EB II
Appreciate 1