Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOstJunkee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
I'm not saying that this E92 is faster then the M4, but I think you need to understand something, 1/4 mile racing and highway racing is really two different worlds. A good exemple of that is a stock 1M that does pretty much the same 1/4 mile time and trap as a stock manual M3 like mine, but when I was racing my friend on the highway, as soon as we arrived at 120-140km/h I started pulling on him VERY easily, to the point I was wondering if he had stop racing, that's the difference between V8 and 6cyl turbo!
Its not really the 1/4 time thats important, its the trap speed. And trap speed gives a good indication of where a car also stands from a roll. Of course traction and a few other things play a part. But I would say the E92 would have to be trapping somewhere around 120-121mph by the way it pulled on the M4. And thats if the M4 was in fact being driven correctly and have good traction. And I'm not sure how many E92 M3s can trap 121 with bolt ons and a tune.
With all due respect, I think you're wrong, I'm not saying that trap speed is not a better indicator of the performance then just the 1/4 mile time but in this case, trap speed wont tell everything. It wont tell which car accelarate faster at the beginning and end of the 1/4 mile, it just tells you how fast they are passing the line!

What I'm saying is that I think that even if an E9x trap a bit slower the an F8x, it could still mean that on the highway, at higher speed, the E9x will be faster. Take the 1M again as an exemple, it's a ~110mph trap car, a stock manual e9x M3 is a ~111mph, despite them trapping very close to each other, the 1M at highway speed can't even dream of competing angainst the M3! The way I would explain those similar traps is that the 1M accelarate faster then the M3 at the beginning of the 1/4 mile while the E9x accelerate faster at the end, which would mean that on a highway pull like in this video the 1M would have no chance even if they have similar traps!
Appreciate 0