10-24-2019, 07:50 PM   #16
Kev608
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessir View Post
OP, here is how I see it.They offered a refund because the item that you initially wanted was not available. They offered a replacement suggestion and you approved. You find a cheaper price somewhere else after the fact and demand a price match, they don't comply and you get upset. There is no bait and switch and they never mislead you. You said in the email you didn't have a choice but to purchase. You could have said no thanks or I'll get back to you after I do some research. People make bad purchase decisions everyday. You did here and you want them to clean up your mess at their expense. I agree it's a pretty crappy feeling to buy something and find the exact item somewhere else for a cheaper price, but I don't put the blame on the seller. Live and learn but to bad mouth a company because you didn't get it your way is kind of lame.
I mostly agree with you, except on a few key points.

1. They did not offer a refund.
2. They called, rather than emailed. This is how a bait and switch is run. Feel free to look it up.
3. They easily could have avoided this by properly responding when I reached out to them. It's retail customer service 101 and they failed miserably.
4. I did accept partial blame. See above.
Appreciate 0